Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

This show (and now this post) was quite emotional. I have been a fan of CYHSY for many years. I have played them at work, connected with other people, cried, laughed, etc. To hear they were releasing the new album, got my concert gears going. I did not know I would be lucky enough to get new music from a favorite band let alone see them in concert. Recently moving to Portland for the music scene, this is the biggest reason why. I showed up to Mississippi Studios for the first. Already my favorite venue. The opener's lineup is short and sweet. I then make my way towards the front and the magic begins. They even do their own soundcheck. Getting the crowd wild up. They play music from their new album Tourist. The vibes in the room become surreal and I get emotional. When the emotions hit, they play "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" and the whole crowd dances. They played and we reciprocated. The crowd could not be more perfect. As the show goes on from high to low, an encore was asked and given. They ended with "Fireproof" and the crowd disappeared. I went outside and then back in the venue. The band was casually interacting with the fans that stayed. It was a perfect end to a perfect performance.

Comments

Popular Posts