The Voidz Tour

This show was a whirlwind of emotion. (As were my other shows, I guess I'm too emotionally attached to music).
The lineup was Bayonne, Beach Slang, and Minus the Bear.
I mainly went for MtB but showed up early. I like to see the whole lineup because I feel that each band becomes connected to one another.
Bayonne was surprising. The lofi techno was there to set the stage for the other two bands.
I was waiting in line for a beer and the rest of the show to start. The line was long and I felt as if I were inside the Observatory during Beach Goth. I was close to the front of the line when someone asked if they could jump in for a drink. They said they were in the band so I didn't argue. Tour life could be tough and I didn't mind. I proceeded to ask which band and she replied with Beach Slang. (I usually geek out even if its a band if I barely listen to). She tells me how there was no beer behind the scenes and she's been trying to get a beer for an hour. I was just happy to help and she paid the favor with a drink. I was definitely stoked to see Beach Slang now.
Beach Slang ended up hyping the crowd. The mood was great. If it were a circus, James was the ringmaster. Unfortunately, the crowd was a little bit older due to MtB. The crowd was observing the show rather than participating.
Minus the Bear finally had their turn and it was worth the weird events that had led up to this night. I just remember the songs flawlessly became one. I was in a dream and Minus the Bear was there to play the soundtrack. The visuals were flawless as they enhanced their performance. I could not/would not expect anything less from this band.



Comments

Popular Posts