Lovely Little Lonely Tour

Although I was unable to get any pictures of this show (due to technical difficulties) this has been one of my favorite shows this year.
The show included three bands; Beach Weather, The Mowgli's, and The Maine. I have not listened to The Maine since high school but I have never seen them. The venue was also conveniently around the corner from my house so I figured why not. I made it for bits and pieces of Beach Weather. They were a good hearted band. Then I waited for The Mowgli's. I was familiar with them from Shaky Knees in 2015. I had a run in with the band at on of the only bars open after the festival. They were amazing. They had an energy that lit up the room. The crowd was full of sloth vibes until they entered the room. My arms felt a sudden rush of goose bumps. I sing to myself "I'm good" whenever I'm in a bad mood now. This band is not what I usually listen to in my free time but now I am.
As I waited for The Maine with good energy in my veins. I had no idea what to expect. The stage started filling up with props. These props included rain clouds and outdoor settings. I expected a band to come on stage trying to be what they were ten years ago. I was wrong. This band was full of life and yet I wanted to listen to "emo" music again. I was a big fan of their album Can't Stop Won't Stop. Not excepting any songs to be played during their set. And yet the biggest surprise of all was them playing "The Way We Talk". I fell in love with this band all over again. They then kept playing songs from their new album Lovely Little Lonely. I had become a fan and wondered why I stopped listening to them in the first place.
Their presence overall made an experience unforgettable. I could not get this show out of my head and had to write something.
Even the bands you listened to during a phase, can still be a band you can listen to now.
I now follow all three bands on Instagram.


Comments

Popular Posts