STRFKR

All age shows are what I tend to avoid now that I have been able to drink for a few years. This show was an exception. I think collectively I have missed them perform 3 times. The first two I was off traveling like a loser. The third time was during the monsoon of SOS Fest 2016.
I moved to Portland and bought my tickets as soon as I had the money. (Concerts sell out too fast for my comfort here).
The show was packed but luckily the upstairs bar was not. I feel like VIP whenever I go to the Roseland theatre. People that are 21+ can go upstairs and view the concert from there. I was lucky enough to see Psychic Twins at SOS Fest before the rain storm happened. The crowd was less lively at the festival. This time was more enjoyable to watch them. The crowd loved them so much that someone threw a blunt on stage. (Classic Portland).
STRFKR showed up on stage in style with "Astronauts" covering the stage. They played a good mix of the old, Jupiter, and the new, Being No One, Going Nowhere. The crowd was in a blended rave as some were quite literally raving. The astronauts were clearly out of this world while creating a nice visual on stage. They would be dancing in sync or starting a riot. One astronaut crowd surfed to the upstairs bar. This was what I expected out of STRFKR and was happy that it took three times to finally get there.

Comments

Popular Posts